Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods
Am still really enjoying the gaia's on the facts.
One similarity to Confused is the sense of less bass. Hard to describe as it's not really less per se as I can hear much deeper bass that presumably just jot sucked into the floorboards previously. But I sense the need to have more bass higher up the register. I can also run SAM at 100% whereas it was always between 40-60 previously. My rookie guess - if they do what they say they do - is the isolation has removed a layer of boosted bass that shouldn't be there, and is just part of the floor/speaker interaction.

So I really like these things! They give by far the most obvious change to the sound than any other tweak or source change I tried recently (DSP aside), so clearly in my setup the floor-speaker interaction was an issue and I was clearly missing out - which had become more apparent as I went further on my journey.

I still have a bit of an issue with the look of the facts sitting up but I honestly think I could live with that. I'm gutted I've had no window to do measurements or new convolution which I think the setup deserves but I doubt it's going to happen the next week or so time as it is.

So I'll probably return them so I'm not hogging demo stock, and see how I feel for a week or so without them. I've got a sneaky suspicion I'm going to have to find £400 and live with speakers sitting a bit more obviously on feet.

Actually, I'm going to try really hard to sneak in one set of measurements before they go back. If I could just get a window with some time and with a quiet house to myself to do it. It would be a real shame to let them go with not a single measurement.

(Edit: listening late has reminded me I forgot to mention the bass presence on low-level listening is much more satisfying. Bass would only be deep when played quite loud up til now, and so late evening sessions (with a badly sleeping toddler asleep) tended to be a bit dull - I always felt I'd love to crank the volume up. That's changed with the gaia's and bassis satisfying and deep and tuneful without being loud.)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by ogs - 09-Aug-2017, 11:40
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Axel - 09-Aug-2017, 13:41
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by ogs - 09-Aug-2017, 14:45
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Pim - 11-Aug-2017, 23:24
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Pim - 15-Aug-2017, 08:19
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Hifi_swlon - 19-Aug-2017, 20:23
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Pim - 21-Aug-2017, 08:12
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Pim - 21-Aug-2017, 13:01
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Axel - 14-Apr-2019, 13:33
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Axel - 16-Apr-2019, 01:09
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Axel - 25-Apr-2019, 01:01