Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods
OK, I did give my reasons earlier for not posting REW curves in this thread but seeing that Hifi_swlon is tempted himself to take some measurement, I though I would post a teaser to temp him in.  Science is good!

The above are an extract from the REW checks I performed yesterday.  The purple and lighter green lines are with the speakers direct to the ground, no feet.  The darker green and blue lines are with the IsoAccoustic feet.  The curves are taken at -20dB and -24dB, hence one pair of curves above the other pair.  in dB terms the differences in the peaks and nulls is small, but it does at least indicate the feet are having an effect.  When listening, the effect appears to be far more significant than the curves suggest.

I have had my system running most of the morning playing all kinds of stuff.  I have left SAM at 100% and with some tracks it does sound like there is too much bass, so despite the impression myself and Hifi_swlon had of less bass, I am finding that it is just that, an impression.  The funny thing is that the 'too much' bass I am getting now with SAM 100% is good bass!  Some great almost sub bass moments too this morning, welcome back 100% SAM.  So a bit childish, but I am enjoying what I am hearing. 

Other than all this bass talk, I have been really enjoying listening to all sorts of stuff this morning, everything sounds good in many ways.  So for me the feet are keepers!  Or are they?  To be honest, I was not expecting them to do much for SQ, I am surprised.  So I have found myself wondering if I should go for the Gaia I's?  That said, the II's look just right and they are clearly working.  Maybe the Gaia I's would be a step too far and not sound as good.  If I am honest, the thought of trying a I vs II back to back test does not appeal at all, it is not easy fitting these things to the Blades, much hassle, and imagine subjectively discerning the difference between two feet of exactly the same design, just slightly different size, I just can't face it!. 

So at this point in time I am thinking simply that I am absolutely delighted in how well these feet work and they are staying where they are!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by ogs - 09-Aug-2017, 11:40
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Axel - 09-Aug-2017, 13:41
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by ogs - 09-Aug-2017, 14:45
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Pim - 11-Aug-2017, 23:24
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Pim - 15-Aug-2017, 08:19
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Confused - 20-Aug-2017, 12:06
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Pim - 21-Aug-2017, 08:12
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Pim - 21-Aug-2017, 13:01
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Axel - 14-Apr-2019, 13:33
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Axel - 16-Apr-2019, 01:09
RE: Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods - by Axel - 25-Apr-2019, 01:01