Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is upgraded Power supply beneficial for Audio Server and why?
Hi all

I have a Mac Mini as my media server feeding my Devialet. I am using Roon as the server software processing my FLAC files.

I have a JS-2 Linear Power Supply from Uptone that I facilitating on whether to install or not.

The reason for the doubt is that with audio streams being delivered to the Devialet over Ethernet, in what portion of the preparation of the data file delivery, would the JS-2 provide benefits to the audio quality?

As I understand it, Roon takes the FLAC file, processes to deliver a PCM file or if DSD, a DSD file to the Devialet. There is no-where in the process that the power supply will impact the quality of audio playback.

Is this a true statement? If not, where is my thinking wrong.

Secondly, once we all get our upgrades for the Devialet Streamer, Does having a super Linear Power Supply on the Mac Mini make any difference at all?

Hopefully my question is fair.

Thanks in advance.

Bob
250 Pro Master, Siltech Anniversary Silver Interconnects and Speakers cables, LINN Majik Streamer, Arcam D37 SACD, Mac-mini with Kazoo, JRiver and tested Roon, Speakers, custom build, SEA Exotics, Chord Hugo, HifiMan H1000's. (home is Vancouver, Canada)

Messages In This Thread
Is upgraded Power supply beneficial for Audio Server and why? - by boba2013 - 09-Aug-2017, 20:56