Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service
Hi everyone,

I would like to introduce a new service provided by a young fellow in the field of room correction: https://www.homeaudiofidelity.com/

As some might know, I spent quite a bit of time studying these topics of active correction. I started with a Trinnov Amethyst, tried Dirac, then Acourate and finally REW/RePhase.
Only this last solution gave me total satisfaction because it allows for making very clean corrections, with minimal phase, easily portable to all players ...
May I recall that a well-done active correction allows:
  1. A guarantee of perfect tonal rendering, ie a reproduction of the sound matching the recording, by correcting the interactions of the speakers and of the room
  2. Faithful reproduction of the sound stage by correcting the phase errors essentially introduced by the speaker filters
Thierry has developed a more refined technology. Compared to a traditional correction, which only corrects the direct field of the speakers, Thierry brings two complementary elements:
  1. Correction of the reflected field; This correction ensures a faithful reproduction of the sound which takes into account the reflected field created by the walls, the ceiling, etc. The impressive characteristics of this addition is the homogeneity of the sound reproduction throughout the room
  2. A crosstalk canceling that allows a much wider sweet-spot
In total, the corrections produced by Thierry have many advantages:
  1. They are just as easy to use as other manufacturer's 'ready to use' corrections.
    Just make the measurements and Thierry takes care of the rest
  2. They give, with respect to standard corrections (with two pulses, as produced by Acourate or rePhase), a complement of soul to the music. The perfect three-dimensional reproduction of the sound stage gives the illusion that the orchestra is in the room. It is both magical and strongly addictive ...
Congratulations to Thierry and my best wishes to him for success Wink

Messages In This Thread
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service - by SwissBear - 12-Aug-2017, 11:29