Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service
(13-Aug-2017, 08:00)SwissBear Wrote:
(12-Aug-2017, 21:58)Hifi_swlon Wrote: First thing that springs to mind is it's quite expensive, well relative to the cost if something like Acourate. But then again time and expertise has to be paid for, and it looks like repeat business is much cheaper - which is a good idea.

Well, on both my systems, this unique correction technology was kind of a game changer...

Two sides to the coin as always:
  1. on the defensive side, active correction was about how to make the systems work correctly. On one of my systems, the interaction of the B&W 802D3 with the room is so important in the bass range that active correction was not an option. On the other one, the Voxativ Zeth have kind of reversed amplitude curve (treble higher than bass in the direct field) which make them quite difficult if you do pinch them in order to have a correct sound stage. In both cases, active correction with REW/rePhase made the audition perfect, the amplitude curve very linear, and the sound stage very well reproduced.
  2. on the offensive side, what Thierry's unique correction technology brought to the game, was this reflection field correction. And the impact on the sound reproduction on both of my systems was huge. Not only have I kept the benefits of the defensive approach above, but I have gained an impression of realism, linked to the additional technologies he is using, which make the third 'dimensionality' of the sound stage incredible.
If you are listening to classical/acoustic music, this correction technology is an absolute must have IMHO.

Having said that, and relative to the price of the systems, the value brought by these corrections largely exceeds its cost Wink

But do you like it  Big Grin Tongue
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)

Messages In This Thread
RE: New loudspeakers & room digital correction service - by Celts88 - 13-Aug-2017, 15:58