Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service
Just taking a look at this and I have one observation.

The idea is that the customer does 'the easy bit', then this service provides the difficult stuff, done with great expertise.  OK, this is fine.

Regarding the 'easy bit' of taking the measurements,  the website states: 'Software : we do recommend using REW as you can export all measurements in one file (.mdat) You can find links for measurements guidelines on the REW homepage.'

Regarding this, I would say that many potential customers for this service would look at the guidelines on the REW homepage and give up!  The guidelines are not that clear.  Even taking myself as an example, I know I can go into REW and take measurements but I am a very long way from being an REW expert, so I would be wondering about settings, the exact volume level I used, and many other things.

So what I would say is that there needs to be very clear instructions for the taking of the measurements, step by step, each setting defined (preferably with screen shots.  For me the website is a little too vague and relies too much on REW's documentation, which is not the clearest and simplest set of instructions ever conceived.  If I was paying for this service I would want to be 100% clear that I had done my measurements the right way, with all the right settings, volume levels and whatever else.  I would NOT be 100% sure of this be reading and interpreting REW's website.

Or to put it another way.  The way the website is written at the moment would put some potential customers off trying this service, a bit more clarity could easily equal more business I think.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: New loudspeakers & room digital correction service - by Confused - 21-Aug-2017, 13:04