Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service
(21-Aug-2017, 12:37)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Swissbear - any chance you could persuade Thierry to drop by and give a bit more insight into what he's doing? The packages/processes - whether it's off the shelf software, or modifications to, or custom written, the types of filters employed, his background etc etc.

I'm not sure how this sits with forum rules as he's offering a paid service, but I'd be really interested to get a bit more insight.

Hi Hifi_swlon,

I have forwarded your request to Thierry. Let's see how he is reacting.

To give you a foretaste, I would say that Thierry is a talented young man, very found of music and very innovative. He has a background in science and attended one of the most famous scientific universities in France. He has been confronted with the problematic of mastering a pair of difficult loudspeakers and tried to innovate to do this.

He has developed is own technology, using a technical framework (kind of MathLab) and getting inspiration in the technical works published by famous researchers (see the academic literature mentioned in reference on his website).

The filters are not produced by him, but by the editors of the software which are applying the correction impulses. You can choose to use JRiver, Roon or HQPlayer. I tried all three of them and they are all working well.

Hope this helps as a starter Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: New loudspeakers & room digital correction service - by SwissBear - 21-Aug-2017, 13:51