Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service
Sounds like he did a good job!

I felt the curve would be a little bass heavy for some - it would probably be perfect for me though! Smile

You could ask him do do some 'classic' curves. I'm sure he will have B&K and a 'Dirac style' straight slope of about 6db falloff at the top end. You could also get him to do a dead flat curve - which would sound awful directly - but would allow you to do try different house curves in Roons PEQ which is harder if it's a curve on top of a curve if you see what I mean.

One real advantage Dirac has in its measurement system is it sends left, then right, then both together as a triplet of sweeps that it deals with without intervention. I wish others would copy this idea as it speeds things up a lot. REW is a decent free tool, but it's not the friendliest.

I agree Thierys website is sparse, but hopefully he takes the bait - I think some good customer communication about his services would really help his business. Assuming his written English is ok of course. My French certainly wouldn't be up to it.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: New loudspeakers & room digital correction service - by Hifi_swlon - 21-Aug-2017, 19:57