Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service
(22-Aug-2017, 08:55)Celts88 Wrote: SwissBear

Gave a try taking the measurements, not sure if there good or bad (or more importantly, did I do the correctly)???
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g3az7aigjf8de...3jC0a?dl=0

Hi Celts88,

Your measurements look very well done to me. The impulses are clean. Nothing to say. Congratulations on the measurements !
I noticed that you had only 8 measurements and not 9. Did you not make the sweet-spot ?
As far as presentation is concerned, it is probably easier for Thierry to manipulate one file with the 16 measurements labelled L1..L8 and R1..R8 inside it. Just open a new file, import (open) each measurement and rename it.

A few thoughts on your room if you allow me:
  • you look to have a slightly elevated RT60 (reverberation). You might want to think about putting an acoustic ceiling or some sound absorbent
    [img][Image: 705713RT60L1.jpg][/img]
  • in some places, you look to have reflections which can affect the sound you listen to:
    [img][Image: 589926ETCR1.jpg][/img]
    To capture this information, you need to look at the Energy Time Curve (ETC). You would not be happy to have reflections above -15db. On the right channel, you have one at -10db and 5ms, which means that the additional distance run by the sound is 5 x 0.340 = 1.7m compared to the direct sound. This might be the wall behind the speaker or a wall on the right of the speaker or the ceiling. You might want to put some absorbent there.
  • Finally, you have probably noticed some loud resonance in the very low end of the spectrum. [img][Image: 468869SpectroL1.jpg][/img]
    If this is a nuisance, and instead of installing ugly bass-traps, you can discuss with Thierry the possibility to put a brick-wall filter to not produce sounds below say 20Hz. Up to you.

Hope this helps.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New loudspeakers & room digital correction service - by SwissBear - 22-Aug-2017, 10:16