Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service
(22-Aug-2017, 11:03)SwissBear Wrote:
(22-Aug-2017, 10:49)petrik Wrote: SwissBear - Do you know is it better to take all 9 measurements or do 5 measurements be enough? Will more measurements give better results?

Hi Petrik,

The goal of having multiple measurements is to make 'spatial averaging', ie to separate the signal from the noise (see page 16 of this document: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r9ipzfiq46givt...2.pdf?dl=0 ). The more measurements you have, to a certain extend which has been defined as 9 measurements by Dirac as well as by Thierry, the better.

What is important in any case is to have a measurement made in the sweet-spot and to identify it for Thierry.

Thanks. I took only 5 measurements since that was the minimum requirement and Thierry confirmed that those were fine. Also the results are good indeed. I just keep wondering now that could I possibly get even better results if I would do couple more measurements... I'll ask from Thierry what he thinks about it.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland

Messages In This Thread
RE: New loudspeakers & room digital correction service - by petrik - 22-Aug-2017, 12:44