Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service
I have been thinking about these digital room and loudspeaker correction things today. If I'm being truly honest to myself, I have always felt that although the DRC (digital room correction) has always fixed most of the bass problems in my listening room, it has usually brought some negative things too. Firstly, although the bass is usually really fast and tight with the DRC filters, I have felt that the bass also looses some impact and power. Secondly, this is much harder to describe, but let's just say that I have felt that the DRC filters usually do some negative things on mids and highs. Results are typically "hifi" but the music isn't anymore as powerful, lively, and exiting if you know what I mean.

Today I did a brief comparison between the HAF filters and listening without these filters. I just wanted to check what negative things do these HAF filters have. And to my surprise again I had difficulties to say anything negative about these filters. To tell the truth, I felt that almost everything was worse when listening without these HAF filters. With these HAF filters in use, the bass is having amazing definition and still it doesn't seem to loose impact & power. And the soundstage, that is clearly more three dimensional when using these filters. Nothing significant negative to say on mids/highs. Perhaps, just perhaps (as I already said before) it might be having a slightly dark sounding target curve for me. Anyway, I'm very much enjoying these.

Well done Thierry! Smile
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland

Messages In This Thread
RE: New loudspeakers & room digital correction service - by petrik - 23-Aug-2017, 16:43