Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service
For some reasons I don't receive anymore alert on thread updates... Let's try to answer with my view:

- sweet spot definition might be confusing : by sweet spot I mean the place where you usually sit for listening. The purpose of DRC is to minimize the negative effects of the room once you have chosen a configuration (or have been forced for different reasons...)

- the level during measurement should not be too high to stay in the linear mode of your audio chain. Said differently you should not have distorsion and this can easily be checked by looking at the impulse response : there should be very little level before the main pulse. While using sweep measurement distorsion will appear as copies of the impulse response but time shifted so visible before the main pulse.

- any version of REW is Ok and it is quite easy for me to check if a measurement is Ok. Following the simple guideline that Petrik copied on this thread should prevent any big mistake

- I am not fully updated regarding SAM but I think it is simply what is usually called a Linkwitz transform (modify a bass reflex alignment with a filter to reduce group delay) : if you are used to have SAM active, then you should make the measurements with it active as well. Otherwise the group delay behaviour will be different and the phase correction will not be appropriate

Messages In This Thread
RE: New loudspeakers & room digital correction service - by homeaudiofidelity - 23-Aug-2017, 19:34