Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service
(23-Aug-2017, 19:41)homeaudiofidelity Wrote: I missed the cables question : no need to perform measurements when changing cables. Almost all cables have flat frequency response and even if there is a slight deviation it is of much lower order compared to loudspeakers & room

Yeah, good luck to anyone trying to spot cable differences in measurements of this type. Might need to get Cern involved for that. Tongue Angel

Thierry, I suggested some questions in post12 if you have any time and inclination to give us more insight. Will probably all be good info for your website. Specifically, can you go into more details about costs - should one want to try different house curves or other parameters, or move speakers, would it all be charged at the lower rate? Is the higher cost more the 'new customer' fee?

One question ive always wondered even using something like Dirac (and I've read most of their papers) - how much tolerance is there for speaker movement? Mine being in the lounge means they are subject to the odd bump (cleaner hoovering, toddler bumping). Not ideal but I assume a few mm can mean invalidated filters? Question is, are they still useful or not? With simpler PEQ type filters my guess is movement is not much of a problem, but when dealing with reflections and phase and more advanced temporal type filters, a few mm could mean everything becomes out if bakance with the existing filter? Or not? (Apologies if I didn't explain that too well).

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: New loudspeakers & room digital correction service - by Hifi_swlon - 23-Aug-2017, 21:44