Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service
(24-Aug-2017, 11:01)Confused Wrote: For me, the vast majority of what I listen to is not classical or acoustic, does that mean that for me this correction technology is not so much of a must have? Sad

It works just fine with any good music that you like, in my humble opinion. These filters unfortunately don't make bad music any better Wink

(24-Aug-2017, 10:54)Confused Wrote: OK, if I am honest, that did not really answer my question!  Also, I have been thinking about this a little more.  Taking my own specific case, the 'sweet spot', that is the exact point I sit when listening, is chosen in part because this is the point in the room where I can locate a sofa and the system sounds at it's best to my ears, due in part to a degree of room reinforcement of the bass.  However, in some respects I would like to locate the sofa, say half a metre or so back in the room, a little further away from the speakers.  In many respects this would be a better location, but it is backwards from what is now my 'sweet spot'.  My room allows some options, the 'sweet spot' can move backwards if I want it too.   What I suspect is that the point in the room that I like, with the degree of bass reinforcement, will remain the point I like even with room correction, that is after room correction it will remain the point with slightly elevated bass.  Or maybe not?  This is part of my question and is what I am trying to understand.  One solution to all this that I can think of is that I make two sets of measurements and get two filters, for 'sweet spot #1' and 'sweet spot #2', try both and see what I think.   (I would probably do this iteratively.)  There is nothing like trying stuff for yourself, and it's a bit more business for yourself! Shy

I can only comment my own personal, non-scientific/non-technical, view on this. So, I took one measurement on the sweet spot (in the middle of the sofa) and 4 other measurements around the sweet spot, covering basically the whole sofa. The measurements clearly showed that there are significant differences between the measurement points. Anyway, I'm happy with the results. Music sounds nice where ever I sit on the sofa. I don't feel like needing to have different filters for each listening position (left/center/right side of the sofa).

Perhaps you should give it a try, at least the free trial? Smile
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland

Messages In This Thread
RE: New loudspeakers & room digital correction service - by petrik - 24-Aug-2017, 11:41