Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service
(24-Aug-2017, 13:29)homeaudiofidelity Wrote: @Confused : if you have the choice for your listening position, then you should pick the one giving the maximum bass as it will be easier to correct.

The comment from Swissbear on classical music is linked to the crosstalk reduction. There is a higher interest in reducing crosstalk for recordings made on the simple 2 mics principle, and usually such recordings are classical or jazz music. My experience is that the xtalk reduction is not detrimental for other type of recordings but the effect is less predictable (it depends on how the mixing was done)

OK, thanks Thierry.  A simple response but that does make sense and actually answers my 'sweet spot' question perfectly. 

As for the crosstalk reduction, without a doubt I listen to some music that has some appalling mixing, and some electronic stuff where the notion of correct mixing may not even be a valid concept.  So I am guessing the 'without' crosstalk filters might be a safer bet or might it still be worth trying the 'with' filters?

Plus, I did think of another question, hopefully my last for now!  I currently use Roon, which feeds HQPlayer.  I see you can make the filters for either of these, but does it make any difference if the filter is in Roon or HQPlayer in this set up?  I suspect having them in HQPlayer might be best, but this does limit future options, for example the new Devialet OS Board is likely to be compatible with Roon but not HQPlayer.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: New loudspeakers & room digital correction service - by Confused - 24-Aug-2017, 14:17