Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service
(24-Aug-2017, 15:55)SwissBear Wrote:
(24-Aug-2017, 14:17)Confused Wrote: Plus, I did think of another question, hopefully my last for now!  I currently use Roon, which feeds HQPlayer.  I see you can make the filters for either of these, but does it make any difference if the filter is in Roon or HQPlayer in this set up?  I suspect having them in HQPlayer might be best, but this does limit future options, for example the new Devialet OS Board is likely to be compatible with Roon but not HQPlayer.

The correction impulses supplied by Thierry are stereo impulses. One for the left channel and one for the right channel. This fits directly into Roon if you transform the config file supplied by Thierry from .txt to .cfg and zip it together with the two stereo impulses into a zipped folder which name is given to Roon.

In case of HQPlayer which does not support stereo correction impulses, one has to split the impulses into mono impulses and feed four mono impulses into HQPlayer.

When you will be there, Thierry or I will explain you how to do this.

The operation of splitting the correction impulses from stereo to mono and conversely to combine two mono impulses into a stereo one can be easily done via a free software called Audacity.

OK, so easiest to use the filters in Roon, better compatibility keeping the filers in Roon (option to use RAAT or Roon AIR, OS Board), and per Thierry's earlier comment, no sound quality penalty keeping the filters in Roon even if Roon then then feeds HQPlayer.  So it looks like using the filters in Roon wins this one.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: New loudspeakers & room digital correction service - by Confused - 24-Aug-2017, 18:36