Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service
(25-Aug-2017, 07:34)Petrik Wrote: By the way, I noticed yesterday that the most recent Roon version is processing the convolution much more efficiently than before. Earlier the processing speed indicator was always showing something between 20x-50x. Now the processing speed indicator has disappeared, meaning that it's > 100x.
Indeed, this is good news. Before the Roon update I was at 30x on a regular 44.1K/16bit track, but down to 2x on DSD64 with all the conversions and nearly a million taps of processing. Now I am at 50x on 44.1K/16bit and 5x on DSD64.
This means there is little need to design "lighter" filters for high frequencies and one can easily live with a single 44.1K set of filters, which will be automatically converted by Roon for higher frequencies (number of taps increases with frequency) at the expense of processing power but who cares.
 Roon Air / convolution HAF / Devialet Expert D200/ DIY power and speakers cable / DIY Speakers Atohm EURUS 1.0 + DIY active SW 

Messages In This Thread
RE: New loudspeakers & room digital correction service - by Alec_eiffel - 25-Aug-2017, 08:59