Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service
I've not tried mathaudio either, but as petrik it's a non-starter as I want to use Roon and don't like the idea of pre-converting my library.

I've personally never perceived any sound quality degradation with any convolution I've tried - other than during experimentation. I'm also more than happy to attenuate the whole signal to bring everything more in line with an ideal house curve. I don't notice any lack of dynamics personally - far from it the sound is far better. I guess in my setup the boom and L-R mismatch are worse than any negative I'll get from EQ. I've got plenty of room on the amp too so more than happy to run it louder.

So far this is just talking about Dirac and REW. I've not tried Acourate, and imagine I won't now - unless I don't like Thierrys results (when I finally get round to measuring and testing his service).

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: New loudspeakers & room digital correction service - by Hifi_swlon - 30-Aug-2017, 11:26