Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service
(30-Aug-2017, 11:26)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I'm also more than happy to attenuate the whole signal to bring everything more in line with an ideal house curve. I don't notice any lack of dynamics personally - far from it the sound is far better. I guess in my setup the boom and L-R mismatch are worse than any negative I'll get from EQ. I've got plenty of room on the amp too so more than happy to run it louder.

Agreed. Initially the -9dB attenuation in signal was confusing : do I lose something ? 
Actually with 64bits processing you don't, -9dB is only 3 bits... 
Still there seems to be a bad feeling about having to set the volume much higher. Our nerd brain says "this signal is weaker than it was before this convolution thing". In the Devialet configurator, I have increased the "volume at start" setting by 9dB which removed the frustration Smile
 Roon Air / convolution HAF / Devialet Expert D200/ DIY power and speakers cable / DIY Speakers Atohm EURUS 1.0 + DIY active SW 

Messages In This Thread
RE: New loudspeakers & room digital correction service - by Alec_eiffel - 30-Aug-2017, 12:54