Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service
Very good book!

I think it is important to measure the room in the configuration you will have for everyday listening, not moving furniture away for the sake of measurements only, and putting them back. I have a small glass table between the sofa and the speakers that is generating a strong reflection way above the -20dB threshold mentioned by Mitch. This is bad and clearly audible, the soundstage is is clearly more crisp if I take the table away. BUT: my wife loves this table, and it's heavy (the table, I mean...). So it stays here, and I ran the measurements with the table. Same with the (heavy) curtains: sound is better when they're shut, but I usually listen to music during the day, so 2 out of 3 curtains are open. I did the measurements with the 2 curtains open. I wish I had a dedicated room!
 Roon Air / convolution HAF / Devialet Expert D200/ DIY power and speakers cable / DIY Speakers Atohm EURUS 1.0 + DIY active SW 

Messages In This Thread
RE: New loudspeakers & room digital correction service - by Alec_eiffel - 05-Oct-2017, 15:57