Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service
(05-Oct-2017, 17:31)Alec_eiffel Wrote:
(05-Oct-2017, 17:03)SwissBear Wrote: Hi Alec_eiffel,

I was quoting Mitch because his recommendations are kind of 'state of the art' in making measurements. You might have your own habits, but he has a considerable track-record in this field. He suggests to make measurements with furniture removed for a reason, which is not to correct the installation for the reflections which are linked to the furniture.

So you should, if you want to make the measurements as recommended by experienced people, remove the chairs of your listening area as well as the coffee table before making the measurements.

Just my 2c
Your recommendation makes sense clearly. I'll check with Thierry about his view on what is best for "coffee tables and chairs", that are generating reflections in the first 10ms.
PROS for removing furniture in the reflection free zone :
- better segregation direct field VERSUS reflected + reverb field
- better speakers phase measurements  --> better phase correction
CONS
- "spectral" behaviour of early reflections changing overall  tone balance ?
- frequency spectrum of reverberated field wrongly estimated and therefore not properly corrected ?
Alec_eiffel

Did Thierry ever get back to you on best way - remove or leave the furniture?

Cheers
John
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)

Messages In This Thread
RE: New loudspeakers & room digital correction service - by Celts88 - 13-Dec-2017, 00:31