Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service
(25-Dec-2017, 04:26)timhbf Wrote: I am going to make some measurements, but the first problem I've met is how to play test signal from REW to Phantom? My laptop doesn't has optical output. Shall I use Bluetooth instead?

Mmm compressed protocols are not ideal. If you have a Mac Airplay would be better, and make sure you have the very last version of REW (5.19 beta 7) as the previous causes glitches with Airplay and alike.
Another way is to play sweeps out of REW with your regular player plugged to the optical entry.
Hit "start measuring" in REW then play the left sweep, REW will detect the timing signal and do the recording. Than save the recording as "LEFT X" where X is the position number from 1 to 9. Then "hit start measuring", play the right sweep, then save "RIGHT X". Move the mike position X+1 and start again.
For sweep files you can use these that I generated for the Roon forum https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lxsrx8pq3j3vd...zHsya?dl=0
Make sure the measurement screen in REW looks like this
[Image: config%20recording.png?raw=1]
 Roon Air / convolution HAF / Devialet Expert D200/ DIY power and speakers cable / DIY Speakers Atohm EURUS 1.0 + DIY active SW 

Messages In This Thread
RE: New loudspeakers & room digital correction service - by Alec_eiffel - 27-Dec-2017, 00:10