Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service
(01-Apr-2018, 13:54)Celts88 Wrote:
(30-Mar-2018, 07:12)homeaudiofidelity Wrote:
Quote:Hello John

For the sub integration you have different alternatives : you can either make an arbritary choice for the crossover frequency (like 80 hz) or you can perform room transfer measurements of each speaker alone (sub, main left, main right) to better optimize the crossover strategy (including potential overlapping as having multiple sources in the bass region can be beneficial)
Once you have a crossover defined you need to perform the different full range room measurements.

Cheers
Thierry

Response above from Thierry on other website.

Sorry to be such a square, but would anyone know how do I go about doing the room transfer measurements (as bolded above), as it's sounds from your explanation that this would be the better option. Also can I do this using your tools, or with REW?

Cheers
John

I suspect that Thierry is simply stating that you measure each speaker separately without crossover.
I would suggest that REW is best for this as you can view these sweep measurements overlaid on each other.
Doing this should enable you to determine a good crossover point, rather than your current choice which, I presume, is based on nothing substantial.

Subsequently, once you have applied your appropriate crossover, you can measure the left+sub and right+sub with REW to confirm the efficacy of the crossover.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New loudspeakers & room digital correction service - by alandbush - 01-Apr-2018, 18:44