Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service
(01-Apr-2018, 18:44)alandbush Wrote:
(01-Apr-2018, 13:54)Celts88 Wrote: Response above from Thierry on other website.

Sorry to be such a square, but would anyone know how do I go about doing the room transfer measurements (as bolded above), as it's sounds from your explanation that this would be the better option. Also can I do this using your tools, or with REW?

Cheers
John

I suspect that Thierry is simply stating that you measure each speaker separately without crossover.
I would suggest that REW is best for this as you can view these sweep measurements overlaid on each other.
Doing this should enable you to determine a good crossover point, rather than your current choice which, I presume, is based on nothing substantial.

Subsequently, once you have applied your appropriate crossover, you can measure the left+sub and right+sub with REW to confirm the efficacy of the crossover.
Alan

Ok so single measurements or do I have to do sweeps. Also how do I do just the subwoofer, and when doing the left & right speakers do I turn off the sub so it's only the single speaker?

After taking the measurements and overlaying onto each other I look for what to figure out the best crossover frequency?

As you can see from the above I'm a bit of a novice AT THIS
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)

Messages In This Thread
RE: New loudspeakers & room digital correction service - by Celts88 - 02-Apr-2018, 07:10