Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Footers, Vibration Tweaks
I'm wondering what kinds of footers have folks tried under their Devialet's ?

I've currently got some Herbie's Lab Tender feet under mine, mainly because I had them sitting around and I needed to raise the unit up a bit for cable clearance..

I'm not all that inclined to use something crazy expensive like Stillpoints but I'm just curious if anyones experimented with different things?
Hi, this is my first post on the site and will upload pics of my system soon.
I bought a set of 3 cerabases whilst in Singapore to put under my devialet 400's.
Having just bought my system almost at once, I know what I wanted without going down the upgrade route.
I've used cerabases before, and can confirm the sound is no worse (and somewhat better-without wishing to damn with faint praise if the system is revealing enough to establish the incremental improvement), but have not gone to the trouble of repeatedly installing and uninstalling them to record my findings, and like you, needed a little space for the cables (all Viard Audio silver HD mains, speaker cables with Artisan Nth degree interconnects)
I have these:
[Image: tri_absorber_silver_4_vp.jpg]

Can't say there is much difference in SQ with or without. It probably helps a bit with the temperature.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(13-Nov-2014, 00:19)ErikM Wrote: I'm wondering what kinds of footers have folks tried under their Devialet's ?

I've currently got some Herbie's Lab Tender feet under mine, mainly because I had them sitting around and I needed to raise the unit up a bit for cable clearance..

I'm not all that inclined to use something crazy expensive like Stillpoints but I'm just curious if anyones experimented with different things?

I hade good effect from Vibrapods in combination with the Vibracones as reported in another post.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
When using footers, are they being positioned so they touch the underside of the Devialet, or so that the rubber feet of the devialet rest on the aftermarket footers?
(13-Nov-2014, 11:38)wikeeboy Wrote: When using footers, are they being positioned so they touch the underside of the Devialet, or so that the rubber feet of the devialet rest on the aftermarket footers?

I use mine so they touch the Dev underside because in my case it wouldn't work with the Dev's feet however it would perhaps work with the pods alone.
I am not sure but perhaps you can remove the feet by removing the undercover and then un clamp the feet. Perhaps someone did it here on the forum!?

/Mike

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(13-Nov-2014, 12:49)Mikeeo Wrote:
(13-Nov-2014, 11:38)wikeeboy Wrote: When using footers, are they being positioned so they touch the underside of the Devialet, or so that the rubber feet of the devialet rest on the aftermarket footers?

I use mine so they touch the Dev underside because in my case it wouldn't work with the Dev's feet however it would perhaps work with the pods alone.
I am not sure but perhaps you can remove the feet by removing the undercover and then un clamp the feet. Perhaps someone did it here on the forum!?

/Mike

Hi,

I am using 4 Vibrapods under the Companion Unit of my D400 and find that the existing feet of the Devialet fit into the cups of the Vibrapods quite easily. I am then using 3 Cones between the Master and Companion. I did think about using cones with the Vibrapods, but this would have made the "stack" too unstable! I appreciate that having the Units stacked is not ideal (no room on my rack to have Units side by side), but the cones between them do allow more room for ventilation.

In terms of SQ, I found the inclusion of the pods and cones to open up the sound stage, improve transparency, and give a more solid bass.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Some people may find this interesting, it is a bit dated and anything but complete but IMO still valuable as a first look at the footer/anti-vibration market: http://www.gcaudio.com/products/reviews/...iew_2.html

I myself have found the Devialet not to be very susceptible to this category of tweaks, so I'd say money spend elsewhere (like acoustics, or the power supply) is often a better investment.

Nonetheless I currently own a CA Electronics Diamond 2 damping plate with RFI/EMI shielding built in as well. (http://www.ca-electronics.com/products/c...ng-plates/)
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I also haven't found the Devialet very sensitive to such kind of tweaks, but I do have a platform where he is placed on: http://www.thixar.de/silence.php
Just to throw in another variety of platforms and feets? So many out there.
Maybe a platform has better usability/stability because of the curved underside of the amp.
Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria
For what it's worth I did try a number of Stillpoints Ultras (the smaller ones) under my two Devialets.

Yes it made a slight difference but I couldn't work out if it was better or worse so I didn't bother going for them.

On the other hand I've heard Stillpoints under Vitus amplifiers and there they made a big difference. Especially to the bass!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK