Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom 5.5 / 7.7 Immersive Theatre System
(09-Mar-2018, 14:04)Cyral Wrote: I’am thinking about adding a third phantom as a center. As I do sometimes miss having a center like I had previously, with my HT setup.

Anyone has experience with it? Is it enjoyable? As it seems the voices still will be send to the L and R speakers. Also, for music you will lose the imaging I guess.

Would love to get some feedback.

I do not see how you want to add your center to the left and right Phantoms. When you intend to add it as mix in a room with a stereo setup it won‘t please you as it will carry the same signal as your left and right speaker as mix and therfore will compress your sound stage towards the center (mono setup), very different than what a center speaker does in a multichannel system. My experience is that you better expand your sound by placing your third Phantom in the back of your stereo setup in a triangle. Like this the stereo image stays the same and will be expanded in the third dimension into your room space.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom 5.5 / 7.7 Immersive Theatre System - by streamy - 09-Mar-2018, 22:10