Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The master companion digital link revisited
(24-Aug-2017, 19:24)zdenes Wrote: Two question to Guillaume:
1. Did you fully power off and on the Devialet when swapping cables?
2. When you mean hybrid, that is just the connector type, the is no transformer installed, right?

No I didn't reboot the units each time although we did occasionally have issues with the hybrid cables whereby the Companion would start behaving strangely, when this happened we had to do a full power cycle which sometimes fixed the issue and at other times didn't. This buggy behaviour has been reported on the forum before. Essentially the Companion is connected to the Master but it won't play music. The red light comes on and its switches itself off. It might be the Shunyata hybrids, I don't know. It was a bit strange and didn't happen all the time.

Hybrid = no transformer that I am aware of.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: The master companion digital link revisited - by GuillaumeB - 25-Aug-2017, 11:32