Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonus faber Olympica ll
Congrats Axel,

It seems the right choice, for you. Looks a very balanced system, in the right room, of course.
I´m a SF fan. Among others i had around five or six different pairs of Fabers.
I tried at my place the olympica lll for about almost 6 months, and doesn´t work... Maybe if i´d tried the O ll could be happier.
The space, the rooms rules above all and i spent a long time to find the right speakers for my new Dev system.
I think i find, finally, the right ones but now i´m leaving this house to a new one! Dodgy 
That´s life.
My new speakers are the SF (of course) Guarneri Tradition, small just in size.
Cheers, enjoy,
(28-Aug-2017, 14:44)Hifi_swlon Wrote: If it was Axel, I guess we know what present he got! Smile

Sonus Faber?  Rolleyes  Congrats to Axel if it was your birthday.
Tidal --> New brand streamer/dac/preamp --> InterM R500Plus monoblocks --> Intelligent Sound Double 12 --> fractal cables --> La Suède
(28-Aug-2017, 14:39)Craig1512 Wrote: Axel, your setup and rack look great, can I ask what plinth you are using under your TT, Oppo and Expert, is there some sort of lighting you have incorporated into the plinth? Happy 60th birthday to he/she in your household BTW.

Hi Craig,
Thanks, glad you like it!  They are 20mm thick Perspex (acrylic) and are back lit to be any colour I choose. They are separated from the shelves with downward facing Partington Toppers which sit in Delrin spike cups that have two rubber o rings underneath to give extra isolation. Between the Perspex and Companion are Delrin pucks separated with a single 16mm ball bearing, so there is no chance of any vibration getting to the amp. And yes, it was my 60th birthday and I treated myself to the SFs to celebrate!

Alex.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(29-Aug-2017, 00:58)Axel Wrote:
(28-Aug-2017, 14:39)Craig1512 Wrote: Axel, your setup and rack look great, can I ask what plinth you are using under your TT, Oppo and Expert, is there some sort of lighting you have incorporated into the plinth? Happy 60th birthday to he/she in your household BTW.

Hi Craig,
Thanks, glad you like it!  They are 20mm thick Perspex (acrylic) and are back lit to be any colour I choose. They are separated from the shelves with downward facing Partington Toppers which sit in Delrin spike cups that have two rubber o rings underneath to give extra isolation. Between the Perspex and Companion are Delrin pucks separated with a single 16mm ball bearing, so there is no chance of any vibration getting to the amp. And yes, it was my 60th birthday and I treated myself to the SFs to celebrate!

Alex.

Very nice room and setup
BTW, what's the benefit of hanging the devialet on a wall ?
Hi Axel.  Congrats with the speakers and your birthday! Nice to read you found the perfect speaker in your system. Enjoy!

Simon

Grimm Audio MU1 (Roon+Qobuz)  ~   D220 Pro CI   ~   Magico A5
Digital Cables: Audioquest Diamond ethernet; Audioquest Diamond AES/EBU
Speaker Cables: Nordost Tyr  -  Power Cables: Shunyata Alpha EF (D220); Shunyata Alpha NR (Grimm)
Resonance Control: Bassocontinuo (rack); CeraBase slimline (footers)
The Netherlands -                        - August 2023 -
(29-Aug-2017, 02:56)no32 Wrote:
(29-Aug-2017, 00:58)Axel Wrote:

Hi Craig,

Alex.

Very nice room and setup
Thanks, glad you like the room.
There are two benefits to hanging the D on the wall:

1. I can see the display
2. It was part of the look that I was trying to achieve when I designed the rack and wall unit.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(29-Aug-2017, 19:38)Axel Wrote:
(29-Aug-2017, 02:56)no32 Wrote:
(29-Aug-2017, 00:58)Axel Wrote: Hi Craig,

Alex.

Very nice room and setup

1. I can see the display
2. It was part of the look that I was trying to achieve when I designed the rack and wall unit.

Such a beautiful living space adorned with a fantastic rig!! Happy Birthday Alex.

Can you list me a few of your favourite songs / tunes that you enjoy listening the most?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you all for your birthday wishes and kind comments on my room/setup.  Smile
The Olympicas are starting to open out and really sing, althoughI think there's still some way to go before they are fully broken in. I've ordered some Herbie's cone/spike decoupling gliders to isolate the speakers from the suspended wooden floor. With my old speakers which were spiked directly to the floorboards through the carpet, I could feel the floor vibrating when playing bass heavy tracks at high volume I felt that I needed to fix that, and hopefully the Herbie's should eliminate it. I'll post my impressions when I get them set up.
South Coast England
(29-Aug-2017, 21:03)sanjeebrose Wrote:
(29-Aug-2017, 19:38)Axel Wrote:
(29-Aug-2017, 02:56)no32 Wrote: Very nice room and setup

1. I can see the display

Such a beautiful living space adorned with a fantastic rig!! Happy Birthday Alex.  

Can you list me  a few of your favourite songs / tunes that you enjoy listening the most?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks Sanjee,

I don't want to drag the thread off topic, so I'll PM you when I've selected a few favourites.  Smile
South Coast England
I know these things are very much room/listener dependant, but I'd like to hear from other Olympica ll owners whether they use SAM and, if so, at what percentage. Do you hear changes in just the bass, or further up the frequency range?
South Coast England