Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I DO NOT WANT TO UPDATE !!!
Listen to me, Mr Devialet,
everytime I start Spark, it asks me to update Dialog; I say Not now. Then, it asks me to update phantom firmware and I say no once again.
Boring...

Could you just imagine the option "DO NOT ASK AGAIN" ??
It does not seem to be that complicated, does'nt it ?

Can you understand that when it works, I DO NOT WANT TO UPDATE !!!

(As far as we can say that this POS of spark works...)
Just be glad you didn't answer "update" because when I do that - when using Spark on a different device - I found myself on Devialet site welcome page without any possibility to start any update !! Several attempts didn't allow me to
Devices :
2 Gold Phantoms (previously 2 Silver) + Dialog - Denon DCD-SD/300 -
Project Essential II Digital equipped with Ortofon 2M Blue,
Accessories :
Tree, Cocoon, Remote

Lyon - France
No, can’t understand that because with every release of Phantom firmware there are some extreme functional and stability improvements.

One big one just past being an alteration to the way Phantom deals with mains power into its currency converters/transformers. It uses a different alteration timing with each watt of power going in. This prevents Phantom from outputting a buzz from its IPS during standby and audio operation. It also allowed for more efficient current control during audio playback allowing SAM to have a little more critical control over the woofers at 80-100% volumes.

They’ve also fixed a huge issue with Bluetooth connectivity and changed the connection method in use to allow better compatibility, longer range, higher quality audio playback, and zero crackle or skipping during playback.

They’ll be adding support for AirPlay 2 and HomeKit. As well as native Apple Music library access direct from Spark at native bitrate and format.

In the past they’ve fixed certain other issues with connectivity. Functionality. Phantom’s overhearing. And other important things.

Dialogue has gotten many updates to improve and decrease overall heat generation to stop the case from melting under operation.
Updates to fix Optical playback.
Updates to fix setup issues or errors.
Updates to stabilise a multi-Phantom setup.

Spark itself has gotten better support for local streaming. Files from PC’s and phones.
It also manages streams to Phantom better and together both Spark and Phantom now pre-buffer audio for a much longer period of time, this slowing Phantom to analyse the audio better for the hardware.

That’s why it’s extremely necessary to update and you will always get those messages until you do. In some cases if the update is absolutely critical they can force it as a way of preventing a damaged or malfunctioning Phantom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
(02-Sep-2017, 21:02)mac Wrote: Listen to me, Mr Devialet,
everytime I start Spark, it asks me to update Dialog; I say Not now. Then, it asks me to update phantom firmware and I say no once again.
Boring...

Could you just imagine the option "DO NOT ASK AGAIN" ??
It does not seem to be that complicated, does'nt it ?

Can you understand that when it works, I DO NOT WANT TO UPDATE !!!

(As far as we can say that this POS of spark works...)

No, i can't understand!
Why do you think that devealet make updates?  To make it worse ????
The problem with Devialet is that every time a new upgrade is made, an old bug is solved and a new one appears.

As I was fed up with those messages, I finally launched upgrades this morning.

For the first time since I bought those speakers, Bluetooth works with the last Intel chipsets. Since one year, I asked devialet to fix it....
One point for you.

On the other hand, every time I launch the computer after a complete shut down, the sound is now set by default to 0.
One point for me

And I still say that when it works, the best is to do nothing.
Do a full reset, it will solve your volum problems.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I just made a full reset of Dialog and Phantoms (thanks for the idea).

It worked fine the first time.
Second time I connected with BT, the sound level came back to 0 as before... <cry>
(07-Sep-2017, 13:06)mac Wrote: I just made a full reset of Dialog and Phantoms (thanks for the idea).

It worked fine the first time.
Second time I connected with BT, the sound level came back to 0 as before... <cry>

same thing happened on my Phantom.

Each time the BT is reconnecting the Vol fall down at 0
@ daibaron :
Here is the solution I applied and that works.

1) uninstall Spark 1.10
2) install an old version of Spark (1.6 or 1.7)
3) Then, make a full reset

It works for me since a few days ; it should work for you too.

This way, you keep the last firmware update for dialog and phantoms.
TY for your feedback mac
@ daibaron :
Here is the solution I applied and that works.

1) uninstall Spark 1.10
2) install an old version of Spark (1.6 or 1.7)
3) Then, make a full reset

It works for me since a few days ; it should work for you too.

This way, you keep the last firmware update for dialog and phantoms.
[/quote]