Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion LINK failure with Roon AIR
(06-Sep-2017, 13:00)audio_engr Wrote:
(06-Sep-2017, 11:17)thumb5 Wrote: Stating the obvious, but... if the problem has only started to happen since you replaced the link cable, perhaps the new cable is faulty or not working to the specification required by the Devialets (perhaps possible since I think you said it was custom-built).  Have you tried putting the original cable back to see whether the unplayable albums then play OK?  That would seem to be the first step to try.

Is there a common factor in the unplayable albums, such as the sample rate?  Maybe the new cable works at lower sample rates but not higher?

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll try out all the things you've mentioned and report back. 

Also, I was wondering if the 72V DBS of AQ Diamond was interfering with the LINK ?  Is there a way to bypass DBS I wonder ?

Maybe try to unplug the DBS in your Diamond Interlink. It doesn't look that way at first glance, but there is an plug on the DBS box side of the unterlink where you can unplug the entire DBS unit.

I use an AQ Diamond between my source and the Devialet, and I had a similar problem with all albums that were 24 bit, 192 kHz. All other files played, but the high resolution files failed. I have always thought it had something to do with the uncompatability between Linn (BNC out) and Devialet (RCA in). So had the cable reterminated to BNC - AES, and that did the trick for me too.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Companion LINK failure with Roon AIR - by kerkhoffd - 06-Sep-2017, 15:48