Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion LINK failure with Roon AIR
(01-Nov-2017, 16:58)Rama Wrote: Any update on this? I was considering a AQ diamond link cable. But I would want it to work as designed with the DBS pack. Thanks

The latest from AQ engineers is that :

1. AQ re-engineered their DBS 72V packs using resources & lessons learnt from their Niagara series / Garth Powell and due to this, it is interfering with Devialet DACs ... thus unable to play 24/192 but perfectly OK with 24/96. 

2. AQ's previous DBS 72V pack did not pose this problem with Devialet DACs [ if the cable was a s/PDIF 75-ohm cable by default & only the receiving end connector was re-terminated with an XLR ]. Hence, as fellow members like "kerkhoffd" had reported that his brother's AQ Diamond RCA - AES/XLR works perfectly is in fact True. 

The problem is that AQ has moved forward from their earlier DBS 72V packs to their NEW one using a carbon-fibre casing with an in-built capacitor & a different geometry of wiring their DBS into the cable that is causing the snag with Devialet. 

My suggestion is for you to wait till AQ is able to fix my problem and once done, the same would apply to your AQ Diamond. 

{ am sending you a PM as to how to proceed }
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US

Messages In This Thread
RE: Companion LINK failure with Roon AIR - by audio_engr - 02-Nov-2017, 14:35