Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get the best Phono Signal?
I too have a Cadenza Black.  It does produce some hiss if you turn the volume up without a record playing, but at normal listening levels I do not notice it.  That said, clearly some hiss is there and it cannot be beneficial to sound quality.  I did measure the hiss levels when I had a D800, as follows:

Turn the amp on, select phono, at -40dB, all is quiet.  Up the volume to 0dB and you can hear the hiss very clearly.  Using an iPhone app and the phone roughly in the listening position, it recorded about 36dB as background silence (silence is quite noisy in terms of dB's)  Upping the volume until the app reached 50dB, I checked the Dev and it was on about +2dB

To put the above into perspective, if I played music at +2dB, this would equate to something well into the 110 to 120dB range, so quite loud.

If the hiss does bother you, and based on a few reports from others, an SUT should work well and resolve the issue 100%.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
How to get the best Phono Signal? - by Greg - 06-Sep-2017, 22:53
RE: How to get the best Phono Signal? - by Confused - 07-Sep-2017, 16:26