Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get the best Phono Signal?
When Devialet was still a very tiny company and had only one product (and a simple engineering based web site) Oxford Audio had a visit from one of the designers, who had been given the job of designing the phono stage in the D-Premier.
He told me that the phono stage, in terms of components used, was comfortably the most expensive part of the amplifier.
I was very happy with the phono stage on my D-Premier.
I don't know whether it changed when the new "Expert" line was added and the D-Premier could be updated to 250 spec - and later further.
I had my D-Premiers (I had added a second a few months after the first) updated to 800 spec. I have the impression that the MC stage was slightly noisier than before but I actually use an Ortofon T3000 SUT with my cartridge currently. I bought it along with a MC3000 II decades ago and have used it with the Jubilee and currently and A90 on the Devialet.
IMO the SQ is excellent.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
How to get the best Phono Signal? - by Greg - 06-Sep-2017, 22:53
RE: How to get the best Phono Signal? - by f1eng - 16-Jan-2018, 18:20