Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Needle replacement on MC element
(07-Sep-2017, 12:46)Bartype Wrote: This question is not directly for myself, however, i am considering a Rega RP10 with Apheta 2, so i am VERY interested in the answer.

A friend of mine has a relatively expansive Dynavector element from about 12 years old from which the needle needs to be replaced. But it seems needles of MC elements are hard if even possible to replace. So, he can get a little refund on a new Dynavector element but that's it.

My question, is this really the case with (all) MC elements? Because with the more high end ones from 1000 euros ore more this could get expansive really fast when playing vinyl often. Especially when after about 1000 hours or so playing time for the average needle, this needle (and thus whole MC element) needs to be replaced...

How are you guys experiencing this? And do you have tips to consider?
Tips to consider! Like it!  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 

They can be re-tipped instead of replacing the whole assembly.

This guy will help you I think: http://www.thecartridgeman.com/

That's assuming you are in the U.K.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England

Messages In This Thread
Needle replacement on MC element - by Bartype - 07-Sep-2017, 12:46
RE: Needle replacement on MC element - by Axel - 07-Sep-2017, 16:05
RE: Needle replacement on MC element - by Greg - 07-Sep-2017, 20:45