Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When the OdA free upgrade program will Kick Off ????
(01-Dec-2017, 16:15)disarmamant Wrote:
(01-Dec-2017, 09:40)Confused Wrote: It is curious that they had ATC100 SL's basically mounted on the floor, I always thought they were designed to be used with small stands?  Interesting speakers though, I spent some time listening to the 100 Active towers a while ago.  

The ATC's were not on the floor, they were on small stands. However in my opinion they should have been much higher, at least so the tweeters were could be seen by those not sitting in the front row of the audience.

For me the sound was quite unimpressive. It was obvious from the reaction of some of the female members of the audience that it wasn't quite right, I almost wanted to leave after the first track.

I heard a few saying how great they thought it sounded, they must have different ears to mne.
My wife liked the sound, I thought it sounded like a good hifi on a large room with a lot of echo and decay problems obscuring the sound. My guess is it depends how your brain separates the original sound from the room how you respond.
Nice venue though.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution

Messages In This Thread
RE: When the OdA free upgrade program will Kick Off ???? - by Soniclife - 01-Dec-2017, 16:51