Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(16-Sep-2017, 14:06)Hifi_swlon Wrote: FWIW, and no offence to Pim or any other odA owners, but I found the joke funny! It's just the way I think it will go.... shameful but I'm guessing laughing will be better than crying.

I was actually joking myself. It is funny in a way.

I'm in a bit of a unique situation as an Od'A owner. When I was about to buy my Od'A from @Gentleman at a very good price, the 1000Pro was announced. And then not long after they announced the free upgrade to 1000Pro and additional streamer board for Od'A owners. This was all before the Od'A arrived at my doorstep because Gentleman was on a business trip and it took a while to get the deal done.

So I felt lucky to get a chance to buy the Od'A in the first place. I couldn't have afforded one at full price. And then on top, even before it landed in the land of Oz, I knew it would at some stage be upgraded to something even better.

I fully understand why Od'A owners who paid full price felt hard done by and it's my opinion that Devialet should have at least announced the free upgrade to 1000Pro for Od'A owners at the same time as they announced the 1000Pro. It would have softened the blow a bit. 

So I'm a very happy camper and am exited about what the streamer board will bring. Whenever it arrives. Meanwhile I'm playing music through one of the best amps money can buy and by far the best amp I can afford.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Pim - 17-Sep-2017, 00:43
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21