Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(03-Oct-2017, 17:56)Confused Wrote: Joking apart, there is a point here.  Being honest, I am not that bothered about where I am in the queue.  (and I do think that O'dA owners should go first)  What would concern me is being without my amp over the Christmas holiday period, which will probably account for about 50% of my remaining listening time left this year.  So I presume that once you do get to the front of the queue, you do have a degree of control as to when you need send the amp back?

Joking apart? What kind of forum is this, anyway?. But... the potential for being without music, or high-quality reproduction, over christmas is a legit concern. I too am not concerned about where I am in the upgrade queue, but my thought is that the CI board installation should be a simpler task than the Expert > Pro upgrade. I picture the board as a plug-in operation, plus some software fussing and the basic casework handling.... all uneducated assumptions.

My Pro upgrade was 18 days, Vancouver - Paris - Vancouver, if I recall correctly. I believe that Wdw had a similar turn around time. If the CI board install is indeed simpler, we may get a faster turn around for this work.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Damon - 04-Oct-2017, 21:05
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21