Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(18-Oct-2017, 13:06)Confused Wrote: Getting this back onto the 'invitation' topic, I am still waiting for the 'announcement' email.  It seams to take Devialet a very long time to get all the emails sent out.  That said, I still have the 'announcement' email from July.  Curiously the July email has more information that the October one I do not have.  The July email is very clear in stating that Tidal, Qobuz, Bluetooth, webradios and the mysterious '...' would be added over the coming months'.  It does seam strange that this very basic information is omitted from the October email.

Regarding AIR, I recall talking to Devialet's Mathieu Pernot about the new OS board.  Mathieu was very clear that Devialet AIR would continue with the new board.  OK, this conversation was a little over a year ago now, things may have changed.  However, it would be utterly unfathomable for Devialet to get Roon integrated AIR working earlier this year if they intended to drop AIR in October.  Not even Devialet would be that crazy.  (Would they??) Huh

I have to say that I love this thread!  11 pages now, not one person has received an actual 'invitation' yet, and I am still waiting for the 'announcement' email that will skilfully inform me of less information than I already know.

Like Confused, I have not yet received an email from Devialet, but from the info given by those that have, I am not particularly bothered. It is when the actual invitations to upgrade come in, that I will pay more attention Smile.

Re Roon and AIR, it is looking increasingly more likely that, at this stage, the Core Infinity board will not make the Expert Pros a Roon end point, ie RAAT enabled, but will still allow the use of the Roon/AIR “work around”. As long as I can still use my NUC, with ROCK, and Roon/AIR, I will be happy, as it is giving me a great sound through my system.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by brit - 18-Oct-2017, 14:02
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21