Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
There seems to be a lot of presumption here that the vast majority of Devialet owners use Roon and their needs must be served first and foremost. I don't use Roon and have no desire to. I know people who have no interest in the new OS card as they mainly play vinyl. One of the main reasons why I bought a 250 Pro was because it can be set up for two separate phono inputs without an external phono amplifier, and the fact that my family can use it, including my wife.
I've been in touch with Devialet over the last week about getting my speakers SAM profiled. They were as prompt and courteous as ever. As luck would have it, they were profiled last Wednesday and the profile was online the next day. I asked about OS and was told of a launch event at a dealer in November and Qobuz, my issue of interest, probably early 2018. I see someone from Devialet said as much on their support page and they said a while back that Qobuz and Tidal would follow some months after OS. I don't blame them, makes sense to get the core technology out for a few months and know its working properly before loading in lots of third party stuff. I won't be selling my streamer until I get OS and use it successfully for a few months.
Roll-out may end up being a little later than expected, but it hasn't stopped me enjoying my Devialet since I got it in January 2017. If they'd said it was going to launch in March 2018, people would be jumping for joy that it will be early. Next week or next month won't change my life.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by ssfas - 19-Oct-2017, 09:14
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21