Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
Well here we are at page 15 of a thread intended only to track the invitations to return our amps for the OS board upgrade and subsequent process, and the process has yet to stutter into life. I too was interested in Greg's post, simply because of the fact that he as a recent Pro purchaser has received the email. Like many others, I have not. One thing I do know is that Devialet have my email address. I can use it to log onto Devialet's website, so Devialet have it somewhere. Indeed, I received an email from Devialet about two weeks ago regarding the 'Lost Recordings'. (surely an oxymoron, as they are now found recordings) I also received the 'Core Infinity' upgrade email back in July. It's perhaps worth noting that the more important emails come from Devialet 'customercare@devialet.com', whereas the mailshot type messages come from 'devialet@email.devialet.com'. They key point is that I have emails from Devialet going back over four years now, but nothing from them so far in October regarding the OS board. So informed speculation from myself, I would presume that Devialet have been a little disorganised trying to send different emails to O'dA and Pro owners but not non Pro owners, and have made a mess of the whole process. Like Pim. I am pretty relaxed about this, I am not that bothered about being first in a queue that has not even started yet. I am sure Devialet will get everything sorted out eventually.

As for NickB's 'how this forum works' post, I suspect that a few of us have missed the humour in this post. OK, there is some truth in his post, but I have the pleasure of meeting Nick on a couple of occasions and I can advise that he does have a very quick but cutting wit which is great fun, although this may not always be obvious in written posts. I might be wrong, but I suspect he might be having a bit of a chuckle to himself over all of this, he is a big boy though and can speak for himself.

As a final thought from myself, without this forum I would not even had known the said email existed and I would have vastly less information and insight regarding the OS board. OK, there has been some misinformation along the way, but this is a public forum, not pear reviewed scientific publishing. Long may the mostly correct information and occasional rumour with some truth in it continue. It's all good.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Confused - 21-Oct-2017, 07:32
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21