Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
One thing I am not going to do is speculate on if Devialet will actually send any actual invites or other meaningful email correspondence next week, November 7th is only a couple of days away after all, we shall see.  One thing is clear, the Core Infinity upgrade scheme is now stuttering into life.  Some O'dA owners have been notified and I have heard of at least two dealers that have been asked to send their shop demo units back to have the boards installed.  So things have started.  Then we have the question of an updated configurator and other software that the new board will need.  With respect to this, I found this buried deep in the Twittersphere:

Replying to @QuentinSannie
How is the Core Infinity configurator and software progressing?  Will it be available this year?

Quentin Sannié‏ @QuentinSannie  19h
We are working hard on these developments. A question of weeks.

So there we have it, a question of weeks.  Although I think the real question is how how many weeks, could be two, could be a hundred.  In fairness to Mr Sannie, at least he has answered and to be honest it is generally impossible to get software developers to commit to deadlines, even talented software teams like the Roon guys steadfastly refuse to commit to dates, deadlines, roadmaps or anything else.  I can even imagine Quentin Sannie himself asking his software team for specific dates and not getting a clear answer.  How to interpret 'A question of weeks', I would say this means weeks not months, so I would guess 3.9 weeks, something like that.

Personally, I will be glad to get the upgrade done and over with, just so that it is done, but it is starting to look like software delays might prove to be the bigger issue.  Quelle surprise!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Confused - 05-Nov-2017, 10:48
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21