Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(07-Nov-2017, 13:56)David A Wrote:
(07-Nov-2017, 12:51)Celts88 Wrote: David

I live in Perth (Aus) and also never received any email from Devialet. Been in touch with Oceane and she has now included me in the newsletter (don't know why not already part of distribution as previously had both my D-Premiers upgraded to 250Pro's).

Sent an email to Oceane today and she replied below this afternoon (appears the dealers are getting mixed messages about being able to upgrade locally, seems not the case). All information she has given me in the past has been correct so don't want to give her any grief now over the delay as she's only the messenger (she's always been very good at getting back to me).

Cheers
John

John,

The advice I had from my dealer some time ago was that the upgrade would be done locally in Australia but that it would be done by a Devialet technician, not the dealer or anyone local. At this stage who knows what's going on. My dealer doesn't and he says he's getting mixed messages from the distributor, and here we have 2 Devialet staff members giving different advice within 24 hours of each other.

It seems that everyone has a different answer. I confidently predict we'll have an upgrade by Christmas but I refuse to predict by which Christmas we'll have it. I would think, however, that if our amps do have to go back to Paris that it will not be this year simply because we're getting close to Christmas and delivery and shipping times start to blow out significantly at this time of year. If it has to go to Paris I'd rather be sending mine sometime early in the new year because I would expect the time it would be away would be considerably shorter if it is shipped next year rather than between now and Christmas and getting caught up with all of the Christmas shipping and mail.

Devialet technician; last time we had anyone in Perth from Devialet I believe was 4 years ago (last round of SAM in Oz, didn't visit Perth), so wouldn't expect one arriving here for the upgrades.

Regarding the different info being supplied by Devialet employees is that they're certainly consistent (at being inconsistent).

I've got in my head nothing will happen with my Pro's until early next year, but hope the OdA's guys get they're units upgraded ASAP as they sure were stiffed last time around.
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Celts88 - 07-Nov-2017, 14:18
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21