Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(08-Nov-2017, 11:52)SwissBear Wrote: Just received a long and detailed message from Quentin Sannié, Devialet CEO, about the software upgrade. This will hopefully address part of the acrimony of certain contributors in this forum.

Although a bit concerned about the potential loss of musicality which could result from the upgrade, as I was very happy with the tonality of my D900, I am sending my machine back to Paris today for upgrade.

I would like to underline that I am a really happy customer of Devialet, in part because I found ways to feed my machine with a close to perfect source via AES/EBU, following the steps of Antoine. This has allowed me to wait for the new developments with a great serenity.

I would also like to underline that Devialet's customer support is very friendly and efficient. I particularly appreciate the help provided by Océane who is a lovely and helpful lady.

To those who are constantly unhappy about Devialet, I would seriously suggest to work on raising their serotonin level, and stop complaining when they did not get their shot of dopamine with the latest toy/upgrade. Listening to  Pr Robert Lustig from UCSF gives some ways to achieve this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKkUtrL6B18

Just my 2c Wink

Hmmm, I would also consider myself a Dev Fan but honestly their communication methods are extremely poor. Waiting almost a year to find out that the functionality of the streamer board will be limited to Spotify, Airplay, and UPNP (really?) is more than disappointing ...   Not being able to deliver as communicated makes it even worse.  For me it is all about customer expectation management, and in this area Devialet fails miserably ...    Sad
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by baconbrain - 08-Nov-2017, 12:54
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21