Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(08-Nov-2017, 10:23)thumb5 Wrote:
(08-Nov-2017, 10:08)Devialetuser Wrote: Devialet Expert Pro in itself is a technological marvel. The sleek design, combination of class A and class D amplification, the high quality DAC inside. I have yet to manage to surpass the sound quality of my D440 Pro even with gear that cost £20K+. When a company like Devialet can make hardware like this in the first place then why all the mistrust. I shall give them a pass on the software, but you can't fault the hardware.

I understand what you're saying, and applaud your enthusiasm, but without working software the new Core Infinity board -- and the rest of the Expert series amps, for that matter -- are just very expensive paperweights.  Software is an entirely integral part of Devialet's products, and they will have to learn how to plan and manage software development properly if they are to survive in their chosen market(s).  Part of that process is to under-commit and over-deliver: more savvy/mature audio technology companies, such as Roon and Sonos to name a couple I'm aware of, have already learned that lesson which is why they very rarely commit to supporting specific features let alone within concrete timescales.

(08-Nov-2017, 11:52)SwissBear Wrote: Just received a long and detailed message from Quentin Sannié, Devialet CEO, about the software upgrade. This will hopefully address part of the acrimony of certain contributors in this forum.

Although a bit concerned about the potential loss of musicality which could result from the upgrade, as I was very happy with the tonality of my D900, I am sending my machine back to Paris today for upgrade.

I would like to underline that I am a really happy customer of Devialet, in part because I found ways to feed my machine with a close to perfect source via AES/EBU, following the steps of Antoine. This has allowed me to wait for the new developments with a great serenity.

I would also like to underline that Devialet's customer support is very friendly and efficient. I particularly appreciate the help provided by Océane who is a lovely and helpful lady.

To those who are constantly unhappy about Devialet, I would seriously suggest to work on raising their serotonin level, and stop complaining when they did not get their shot of dopamine with the latest toy/upgrade. Listening to  Pr Robert Lustig from UCSF gives some ways to achieve this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKkUtrL6B18

Just my 2c Wink

Reading SwissBear's post, a guy who seems to be one of the most considered and balanced contributors here, encouraged me not to post my displeasure at Devialet's news. Even though I still have it a little.

The Lustig YouTube is certainly an interesting video - maybe those who are in the UK news for their involvement in the Paradise Papers or in the Parliamentary Pleasureseeekers should watch it too.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by IanG-UK - 08-Nov-2017, 16:34
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21