Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(08-Nov-2017, 21:48)mdconnelly Wrote: @ssfas, @vgbfamily@hotmail.com - There is a good bit of history as to why Roon users would love to see Roon RAAT implemented, and much of it has to do with the many serious ongoing problems with Devialet AIR.  No, it never has worked very well for many users despite a huge number of support tickets logged about it.   It wasn't until Roon's own integration of AIR came along that many of us came to appreciate just how great Roon + Devialet are.  Roon AIR is good, but still lacking - robustness and capability - when compared to Roon RAAT.

Now, if you're not using Roon, I can understand your possible concern as to priorities.  Personally, and I'm sure I speak for everyone - that priority #1 must be getting the new CI board and OS fully tested, rock solid and released into production.  Beyond that, any new functions and features that we are aware of only target a subset of users.  If I were a Spotify, Qobuz, Airplay or UPnP user, I'd be advocating for that.  But I'm a very happy Roon user.  Given the recent effort by Devialet and Roon to integrate Roon AIR, the next obvious step would be Roon RAAT.

In my view, it's Devialet's goal to meet or exceed the expectations of all it's customers, but that is difficult to do when you minimally communicate with customers.   So my priority #2 would be to ask for an ongoing dialog/discussion forum with Devialet personnel.  That was something Quentin promised a year ago but we've yet to see.

Good well balanced post.

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Greg - 08-Nov-2017, 21:59
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21