Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(08-Nov-2017, 22:31)Confused Wrote: It's hard to say what features are most desired.  If you spend some time on this forum, it would appear that Roon RAAT is a clear number 1, but of course that says nothing for the very many Devialet users that are perhaps spending their time listening to the things rather than posting about it on the 'net (I do both Shy ), they might desire all manner of things.  Clearly the most desirable outcome is that the new board offers a decent choice of uses, you want Qobuz, it has it.  RAAT?  Yes, it's got that too.  AirPlay?  Yes, that as well.  Everybody happy. Whatever you look at it, there is not much point fighting over it here.  Me?  I would actually like HQPlayer support.  Not much chance of that, and I am not aware of anyone else who is interested in this.  I might lobby for it one day, but not until the more popular stuff is up and running a bug free.  (it might be a long wait......)  Confused

In fact, even support of HQPlayer is a long way from my main interest in the new board.  In some audiophile circles the concept of Ethernet direct to DAC is some kind of modern day digital audio holy grail, and this is what the new board offers.  OK, in theory AIR offered that too.  AIR does sound good, but it can be bettered.  So my interest is in how the sound quality aspects have been optimised.  Just how good (or bad) will it prove to be with respect to sound quality performance.  In terms of the communications from Devialet I have seen nothing that gives me any insight into this aspect, sound quality does not get a mention, neither is anything from a technical perspective that might influence sound quality mentioned, nothing.  I am genuinely looking forward to hearing what it can do.  If it ever works bug free with anything, of course.

I shall sign off with a question that was niggling me, I know DLNA as used by JRiver and others is a kind of sub-set of UPnP.  Assuming the advertised UPnP side of things works, does this mean that JRIver / DLNA streaming should work OK?  There might be some subtleties that I am missing re DLNA compatibility.

I totally agreed with Confused. It is always sound quality to come first. Besides, Devialet has never disclosed the (mid-term say year 2018) goal the Core Infinity for apart from providing those basic functions. It is worth Euro 1,700, isn't it?

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by G51 - 09-Nov-2017, 01:08
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21