Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(08-Nov-2017, 20:48)ssfas Wrote: I don't use Roon and amongst all Devialet owners I reckon I'm in the majority.

I'd not heard of Roon RAAT, so have just looked it up and it appears to be something similar to Airplay and Devialet Air. 

So why should Devialet start accommodating AS A PRIORITY a service for a third party system when they already provide their own, and I understand Roon and Devialet Air works very well.

Perhaps someone can explain why Roon RAAT is so important and should take preference over implementing, for example, Qobuz, which for many users is their main source of music.

Last I heard Devialet Expert is not a platform for Roon users, it is a platform for music listeners some of whom use Roon.

We all have different priorities and I understand your point of view too. 

If you use Roon, then Roon RAAT is the best thing you could ever wish for. Roon RAAT is much better than Airplay, Devialet AIR, or Roon with AIR integration.

To begin with, Devialet AIR has been almost a total catastrophe. There has been so many issues with it, like for example white noise, crackles, stuttering, and most recently it started crashing Windows to bluescreen many times a day in addition to previous problems. Devialet has been trying to fix these issues for years but they haven't been able to get it work perfectly. Even the latest version of Devialet AIR still has these problems although these problems are not happening so often anymore. Devialet AIR is NOT a reliable solution for streaming.

Roon with AIR integration has been working better also on my environment. There has been still some issues with it like crackles, dropouts, and  sudden stops in streaming. There has been no solution to these problems so far, so I'm not happy with it.

Airplay has a number of limitations and problems related to streaming. Airplay has for example worse SQ, worse UX, worse stability, and worse format support when compared to Roon RAAT. You can read more below about why Roon RAAT is clearly better:
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/whats-t...lay/6891/5

I have one Roon Ready (=Roon RAAT) device on my network and streaming to it has always worked flawlessly.

Qobuz is not available in many countries - for example it's not available here in Finland and that's why it is very low on my priority list.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by petrik - 09-Nov-2017, 07:43
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21