Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
I've put a post addressed to Quentin in the Devialet ‘Quentin Sannié | Core Infinity Software’ thread, but it may have been locked down. No new posts since 5am this morning, and my post has been sitting ‘Pending Approval’ for nearly 5 hours.

I then put the same post into the Devialet 'Core Infinity Log - 20th October' and it too has now also been put into 'Pending Approval'. Nothing in the post is derogatory or rude. Actually my first 2 words are "Thanking you", with my last "Your continued support is most appreciated."

Looks like the Post Police are now out in force within Devialet ?

I'll copy it here if anyone wants to have a read, and if anyone can see what's wrong with the post please let me know (I don't see what is wrong with what I've wrote):

Dear Quentin,

Thanking you for providing the update regarding current progress, and noted issues with the Core Infinity Software. Understand it's not easy for a Company to advise of delays, and noted issues, but it is refreshing for yourself / Devialet to be so open with what is happening, and the projected roadmap - Kudos for this.

Appreciate that there’s lots of priorities that Devialet are pursuing regarding current and future features of the OS, and one feature cannot take precedence. A 100% fully functioning board should be first priority, followed by Operating Software, then finally followed by features (proposed features only work, if the board works, and it's operating software is error free).

One item that seems to be apparent (especially highlighted in the comments above) is the request for Roon RAAT to be implemented with the Core Infinity. I myself have Roon lifetime membership, and from a personal perspective would appreciate if Roon RAAT (Ready) functionality were provided with the Core Infinity (be that current or future). Devialet support have indicated that they are currently keeping track of requests for Roon RAAT, only via Devialet official channels (emails, chat, phone call, Facebook, Twitter), and the person I have corresponded with indicated that only 4 requests have been made to themselves. This number seems hard to believe that it’s so low, considering the multiple requests currently noted in the above posts only since yesterdays communicate from yourself.

Would it not be more efficient (and transparent) if a Poll were set-up here in the Core Infinity Log, where customers (be that current or potential) are able to advise of the features that they feel are expected or wished for with the Core Infinity. I understand that Devialet cannot run their business solely on the wishes of their customers, but it would be valuable feedback for Devialet on the expectations for current / future needs.

The Poll can be limited to features currently proposed by Devialet for immediate implementation with the Core Infinity (e.g. UPnP, Spotify, Airplay, etc.), and also future features (e.g. Qobuz, Deezer, Tidal, Roon RAAT, Room Correction, Onboard / On-the-fly Configurator, etc.).
Poll:
  • UPnP
  • Spotify
  • Airplay
  • Qobuz
  • Deezer
  • Tidal
  • Roon RAAT (yes please)
  • Room Correction
  • Onboard / On-the-fly Configurator
  • Other ........

I hope you would recognise that a Poll would not only be more efficient for Devialet in providing valuable information of customer’s expectation/requests, but would add to the welcome transparency currently being provided by yourself / Devialet within these Core Infinity updates.

Your continued support is most appreciated.

Cheers
John

PS Please can you also update the remote app, as I don't believe it has ever been revised since it's inception and is severely lacking in features and functionality (if / when it actually works, which is very intermittent)
PPS - what feature does the 3 dots represent as indicated after the Web Radio symbol???
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Celts88 - 09-Nov-2017, 09:04
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21