Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(09-Nov-2017, 15:02)Celts88 Wrote:
(09-Nov-2017, 14:11)ssfas Wrote:
(09-Nov-2017, 13:45)petrik Wrote: Your numbers are incorrect. There were 4 customers in total asking for Roon RAAT according to Oceane yesterday.

Half of 100 who did some unofficial survey, according to an earlier post.

I'm not in favour of this open forum driving of what may or may not go into Core. 

Love him or hate him, Steve Jobs was a bit of a genius and he never asked customers about how to take a product forward. Quite the opposite, he maintained absolute secrecy and effectively told the customers what was good for them. And you know what? It worked. He created the largest company in the world that way.

I truly wish Devialet had simply said nothing at all about Core until it was ready. I bought my Devialet with the free upgrade, but I bought it based on the product as it was at the time. If they never mentioned Core at the time I would have still bought it.

I think it was a marketing mistake, but perhaps with the benefit of hindsight.

ssfas

Devialet themselves say they don't take any particular notice of what's said here on Devialetchat, so your comment "this open forum driving of what may or may not go into Core" does come across a tiny bit melodramatic.

Not wanting to get on your bad side, and not trying to downplay what you have said as everyone has there own opinion, you've every right the same as everyone else has to express their feelings.

Roon does have an ever expanding Partner listing, which only keeps growing, so it would not only be a benefit to those who are asking for it to be included with the Core Infinity, but it would be another attractive feature for potential customers of Devialet. Off course, which feature takes priority is up to Devialet, but I really don't see why it's a mistake for them to listen to their customer base. Steve Jobs did help Apple to expand into the Global Company it has become today, but not every decision he made is an example to be followed (he did make mistakes along the way also).

For the Core Infinity a 100% fully functioning board should be first priority, followed by Operating Software, then finally by it's features (proposed features only work, if the board works, and it's operating software is error free).

There appears to be some animosity creeping into some of the comments on this thread, and I would hope that everyone maintains the friendly environment that Devialetchat has always had.

Hope you continue enjoying your Expert, and everyone else (eventually) gets what they're hoping for regarding the Core Infinity.

It seems that a campaign here to bombard "official" Devialet channels resulted in the Devialet website posting board being closed down when the Devialet doors opened this morning, which is not exactly helpful (the bombarders, not Devialet). 
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...2#comments

There is a lot of "Air is no good so we must have Roon RAAT" going on here. What I am arguing is that first and foremost we should ask them to concentrate their efforts on getting Air to work faultlessly, to facilitate standard unPnP/DLNA network connectivity and to support the main online music providers, airplay and bluetooth.

If Roon, Deezer, Wheezy and the rest of the seven dwarfs sit on the platform, then fine, but they must be guests, not the main event. Leica Camera, for example, about 10 years ago decided to rely on Kodak for the sensors on its main consumer product. Kodak went bust, they couldn't get sensors and the ones installed turned out to be faulty. It almost killed the brand. Naim did the same, their server/streamers used third party software that suffered fatal crashes, often requiring a RTB reinstallation. It happened to me twice (on a non-Naim device licensing the same software). They have now developed their own platform. 

This may all be rather academic as, whilst online streaming services are very advanced, the music industry is struggling to work out how to make money from it. It's all about distribution. VP Digital is possibly the least attractive music industry job at the moment. Most or all of these streaming services may fold. I've thought for a while that the best platform available for getting streaming right would be Amazon Prime.

My requests for Devialet Expert would include DSP, a decent cappuccino and the morning papers. The most likely one is the morning papers, you just need to host thetimes.co.uk. The least likely is probably DSP.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by ssfas - 09-Nov-2017, 17:12
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21