Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
Taking a step back from all this and chilling for a moment.

Clearly there are delays with the Core Infamy board and related software.  Clearly Devialet could perhaps have done a better job with respect to communication.

Another thing that is clear to me is that there is demand amongst a proportion of users for Roon RAAT.  Looking at the words from Quentin Sannié it is crystal clear that they are working on AIR and Roon AIR for the new board.  So if you want Roon, it will be there.  This will be a kind of integrated Roon AIR V2, and you never know, it might be 100% stable and have improved sound quality.  This may appear to be ridiculously optimistic, certainly it is optimistic, but lets see, there is no point trying to predict it will be rubbish before anyone has tried it.  So what about Roon RAAT?  Again looking at the words from Quentin Sannié, but here reading 'between the lines', and also interpreting Danny Dulai's words on the Roon forum 'between the lines' at little, I think that actually a very clear picture emerges.  We know Roon and Devialet are working together as they have delivered Roon AIR, Roon themselves appear very keen to get RAAT into anything, and they are obviously keen for Devialet to become RAAT compatible.  Thinking all this through and looking carefully at what has been written, to me it looks clear.  Roon AIR integration continues with the new board, this looks like a priority in terms of the software delivery and debugging in the short term.  Roon RAAT is planned, Devialet and Roon are talking about this, but nobody wants to pre-announce this or speculate on a schedule.  I would say it is almost certain to happen, probably next year, but exact timing is anybody's guess.  I think this is the point, lets assume it is happening but all concerned are agreed not to pre-announce it, then no amount of posting on the various Devialet notice boards will change the current situation.  What would actually be needed would be for Devialet to change their policy on communication.

I am also of the opinion that a lot of stuff that has come from Devialet support recently has been total and utter rubbish.  In the past I have had many dealings with Devialet support, I too am slightly in love with Oceane, who must be just about the most charming woman in France, but I do have a fine collection of past responses from her that are bordering being totally and utterly ludicrous.  I think Devialet support are often under instruction as to what they can and cannot say, they try to be helpful, they succeed in being charming, but the ultimate result is misinformation to the point that it is genuinely comical.

But forgetting all this nonsense, looking at what is actually lurking there as information, you can get to some basic conclusions:

If you are a Roon RAAT fanatic, I would say all is good, it is coming, you just need to be calm and patient, because it is not coming anytime soon.  If you are a RAAT fanatic and very impatient, then there is no hope left in the world.  

There also seems to be one or two folk who don't care about Roon but are very keen on Qobuz, which is fair enough.  This one is also clear, Devialet have already announced that the board will have Qobuz support in due course.  Indeed, those wanting RAAT and those wanting Qobuz are in a similar position, much patience is needed, it's not going to happen in the next few weeks.

As for the other stuff, room correction and so on, I suspect this will happen too, but lets be honest, this one will be a long way back in the queue behind getting the basic streaming functions sorted.  it is what it is.

So this all looks very shambolic at the moment but I think it could all work out OK in the end.  I wonder how all this will look in a years time? Huh

Meanwhile I think I will console myself and cheer myself up by playing a few tunes on my gramophone..... Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Confused - 09-Nov-2017, 18:58
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21